Academic & Industry Mentors (AIM)
Bioinformatics Experts and Troubleshooters (BET)
CompBio Discussions Group (CBDG)
Academic & Industry Mentors (AIM)Coordinators: Arjun, Saurav
AIM (Academic & Industry Mentors) is envisaged to be a group of scientists and research leaders from the industry and academia. The mission is to mentor and advise the members of RSG. This group will advise the core team and oversee RSG-India's collaborations with various industries and institutions that are currently involved in Bioinformatics research.
- Collaboration: The primary aim of this initiative is to collaborate with Government institutions and industry. AIMs could facilitate an understanding with their own affiliate institutes or advise the RSG India leadership on future collaborations
- Mentoring and advising: This team of highly experienced researchers from different areas of Bioinformatics, will mentor and guide our members on career related questions and help them develop the right skills to become future entrepreneurs or research scientists
- Student Projects: The AIMs are expected to offer short term and long term projects (funded or non-funded) to select RSG-India members based on their skill sets.
- Funding: The AIM committee is also expected to help RSG-India secure funds to organize conferences or provide travel fellowships to attend international conferences
Name Affliation Website Dr. Lipi Thukral CSIR-IGIB, New Delhi Link Dr. Tej Singh AIIMS, New Delhi Link Dr. Dinesh Gupta ICGEB, New Delhi Link Dr.S Sreekumar JNTBGRI,TV Link Dr. Aswin Sai NCBS, Bangalore Link Dr. Ravi Sirdeshmukh IOB, Bangalore Link Dr. B.B. Kaliwal Karnatak University, Dharwad Link Dr. Roshan Makam PES Institute, Bangalore Link
Bioinformatics Experts and Troubleshooters (BET)Coordinators: Neha, Antara, Kalyani, Ayush
BET Committee is an open group of postgraduate students (MS, MSc PhDs, Post Doc's, JRF'S, SRF'S etc). The mission is to contribute to RSG-India's message board, social networking sites, solve queries in the ISCB-SC forum of RSG-India and outreach. A comprehensive list of roles and responsibilities.
- Regional Ambassadors (RA) of RSG-India: Some of the BET members, would also be a regional ambassador of RSG-India.
- Query handling: The Bet members are expected to answer queries on all platform of RSG India (Message board, SC forum, Facebook, LinkedIn pages).
- Maintaining RSG-India's social media channels: The BET members would be responsible to regularly update latest news on Bioinformatics in our forums, message board and social media channels.
- Improving RSG-India's presence in the region: As regional ambassadors, they will be responsible for the outreach of RSG-India in their region. Helping us forge MoUs, help us organize conferences, set up CBDGs )
Name Affliation Position Hemant Arya Bioinformatics centre, Pondichery University Ph.D Scholar Arindam Atanu Das Bioinformatics centre, Pondichery University Ph.D Scholar Srinivas M. Srikanth Pondicherry University Ph.D Scholar Ashok Kumar Sharma IISER Bhopal Ph.D Scholar Parul Mittal IISER Bhopal Ph.D Scholar Darshan Bharat Kumar Dhakan IISER Bhopal Ph.D Scholar Bipin Singh IIIT Hyderabad Ph.D Scholar Broto Chakrabarty IIIT Hyderabad Ph.D Scholar Aarthi Ravikrishnan IIT Madras Ph.D Scholar Priyadarshini P. Pai BITS Pilani, Goa Campus Ph.D Scholar Krishnendu Bera Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Kolkata Project Fellow
CompBio Discussions Group (CBDG)Coordinators: Saurav, Kalyani
CompBio Discussion group aims to connect students and researchers from different universities in India. Read more HERE
- Abhishek Pratap
- Venkatkrishnan A.J.
- Avinash Shanmugam
- Anupama Jigisha
- Karthika Raghavan
- Chinmay Dwibedi
- Sayane Shome